Saturday, March 28, 2015

(Yeezy Season 1-Inspired) Flesh-Toned Fashion Accessories!

(Set created on www.polyvore.com)
I'm a lover of bold tones, including teal and black. But there are times when I want to incorporate something softer into my outfits...something that will add a nice touch of boho-chic sophistication.

And while I wouldn't necessarily describe Kanye's new women's fashion collection - in collabo with Adidas - as a "sophisticated" range of styles (his bodysuits and body hugging styles are risqué and leave little to anyone's imagination), I appreciate some of the flesh-toned "somber" colors he chose as well as the simplicity of his collection. When watching clips of his February 2015 showcase, held on the first day of New York Fashion Week on YouTube (didn't make it to NY this season!), I was really digging it. But I also realized that shades of cream, beige, and browns don't complement most women's bodies from head to toe - especially worn skin-tight.

That's where accessories come in! 

As you can see from the my Yeezy Season 1-inspired Polyvore set, I chose pieces that could work in nicely with nearly any color - especially white and black. As an LA blogger who strives to inspire, this is intended to get you thinking about the flesh-toned pieces you may already have in your closet and jewelry box! And if you feel you're lacking in these colors, nearly every single retail shop you come across -- from Ross and Forever 21 to Bebe and Nordstrom -- you will find some treats. Want something waaaay unique and rare? A flea market is your best bet.

Happy Hunting!


No comments: